CompuWeather’s Forecasting division is accepting applications for a Land Forecast Meteorologist.
June 8, 2021 12:00 am
Aug. 8, 2021 12:00 am
CompuWeather’s Forecasting division
LAND FORECAST METEOROLOGIST
JOB CODE: LAND-072718
STATUS: OPEN / ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
REQUIREMENTS – Applicants for this position must possess a degree in meteorology. This is an entry level position, no prior experience necessary.
Applicants for this position must have a Bachelor of Science degree from a recognized program in Meteorology/Atmospheric Science or military equivalent training. No experience is necessary for this position and those recently out of school are welcome to apply. Applicants must be detail oriented, able to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays, have strong data entry skills, and be eager to learn and develop a career working for a professional weather company. This position is a remote work position.
- Preparing and deliver weather forecasts and advisories both written and verbal
- Providing superior customer service to clients worldwide
- Heavy use of software applications and the Internet, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under time constraints and stay focused and sharp while performing repetitive task work
- Be easily managed and excel in a team environment.
To apply, please email a cover letter and attach your resume to [email protected]
CompuWeather’s Forecasting division employs a unique business model whereas our clients always have access to our meteorological team. Our staff enjoys the close personal contact they have with our clients and feel truly satisfied that they can be responsive to customer requests and provide the highest level of service available anywhere in our industry.
CompuWeather and its employees focus on developing top talent and the development of industry leading skills. CompuWeather believes in CAREER GROWTH and FLEXIBILITY. Our commitment to community, corporate citizenship and social responsibility extends throughout the company.
Why do you want a career at CompuWeather?
- Work in an environment where you will be challenged often
- Surround yourself by peers and leaders who inspire, motivate, and innovate
- Enjoy a performance-based, meritocracy culture
- Feel satisfied that you are an important part of our business each and every day
CompuWeather also takes pride in the commitment to community, corporate citizenship and social responsibility extending throughout our entire company.
CompuWeather offers a competitive portfolio of employee benefits. The CompuWeather benefits package includes a variety of flexible options to allow uniquely talented employees to customize their coverage to meet their individual needs.
- Cost sharing for Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus Opportunities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
- Paid Days Off (PDO’s) and Floating Holidays
- Optional Supplemental Insurance Products
Full-time employees working at least 35 hours per week. Healthcare coverage is available for dependents: spouse, domestic partner, or unmarried children (subject to age-limit cap). This list provides only a general summary of current benefits. Questions regarding the CompuWeather benefits program should be directed to human resources. The benefits described herein are effective June 1, 2020 or the date stated and supersedes any and all previous plans. These programs may change.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CompuWeather is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At CompuWeather, equal talent always means equal opportunity.