- Adam Kinzinger compares trajectory of the GOP to sinking of the Titanic
- Biden to speak on economy as McConnell signals shift on infrastructure
- US bans sex discrimination against LGBT people in healthcare
- Trump’s grip over Republicans hardens
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The FBI has confirmed that the Darkside ransomware was responsible for the disruption of the Colonial Pipeline this weekend.
“The FBI confirms that the Darkside ransomware is responsible for the compromise of the Colonial Pipeline networks. We continue to work with the company and our government partners on the investigation,” the bureau said in a statement.
Cybersecurity experts who have tracked DarkSide said it appeared to be composed of veteran cybercriminals.
‘They’re very new but they’re very organised,’ Lior Div, chief executive of a Boston-based security firm, Cybereason, told Reuters. ‘It looks like someone who’s been there, done that.’ …
Lafayette Square, which is directly in front of the White House, has now reopened for the first time in nearly a year.
A reporter for AFP shared a photo of the newly reopened square on Twitter:
Lafayette Square is open! pic.twitter.com/piCIUxvcg4