UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Apr. 30, 2021 12:00 am
June 30, 2021 12:00 am
Software Engineer II
Coast Survey Development LabLocation: This position will be located at the Coastal Marine Modeling Branch in OCS Coast Survey Laboratory (Silver Spring, MD or Durham, NH).
Type: Full time, exempt.
Position Term: regular, no term.
Application Deadline: This position will be posted until a sufficient number of applications is received.
Relocation: No relocation package is offered for this position.
Work Authorization: UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Hiring Range: $72,935 – $91,170
Full Salary Range: $72,935 – $91,170 – $118,520
- Work on small DevOps team to operate, monitor, and maintain high-reliability cloud-based infrastructure and applications using a variety of software including Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, InfluxDB, and Grafana, and various cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings.
- Develop event-based, parallel, distributed geospatial data processing solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda, Step Functions, and/or other cloud-native technologies to ingest and process near-real-time NOAA datasets and develop and operate HPC-required numerical oceanographic forecast modeling systems.
- Configure, test, and optimize container-based application deployments for running on scalable cloud-hosted infrastructure using Docker, Kubernetes, and other related software.
- Develop software libraries and tools for automating the configuration, deployment, and administration of open source geospatial web services infrastructure based on PostgreSQL relational database management system, GeoServer, GeoWebCache tiling server, nginx web server, and/or other open source software packages.
- Collaborate on the design and development of front-end web applications using OpenLayers, ReactJS and Material UI for data access and visualization.
- Develop automated testing frameworks for evaluating system functionality, performance, capacity, and security compliance using industry-standard testing practices and toolkits.
- Integrate software building, testing, and deployment processes with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines to facilitate rapid but well-tested deployment of new application versions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and four to eight years of experience; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
For more details