We are seeking a teammate that will innovate with us, roll up your sleeves and never be satisfied with the status quo.
Aug. 6, 2021 12:00 am
Location: Syracuse, NY, Albany NY, Grand Forks ND or Northern VA (Remote possible w/ some travel required)
About TruWeather and what we expect from you:
As respected innovators in meteorology, TruWeather Solutions challenges conventional weather thinking and provides cutting-edge micro weather technology for the age of autonomy. We are a community of passionate leaders— whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures of the entire TWS team.
We are seeking a teammate that will innovate with us, roll up your sleeves and never be satisfied with the status quo. You know automated machine-to-machine data sets are here to stay, but humbly know the human can still add targeted value and heuristics to our imperfect science. You want to help us drive improvements in micro-weather data understanding and in translating complex weather science into simple decisions for clients and operators.
Weather visualizations are sometimes imperfect. Your role will strive in understanding where the uncertainty lies and communicating the uncertainty in a way that provides real value to a decision-making. We look for confidence in handling situations and the ability to clearly and confidently articulate why the situation will likely play out as you see it. Your responsibility is to understand the client’s mission, application and goals and contribute in any way possible to ensure success for them. You ask questions. You pride yourselves in being accepted as a client “team-member” by earning their trust. You are introspective when a forecast does not work out, understand what happened and apply lessons learned.
At TruWeather, we view weather as a risk and liability to business profits, client satisfaction and worker safety that requires a commitment to applying science to an operational problem. We are committed to providing the most precise weather intelligence possible to anticipate and mitigate the threat.
If you are a passionate self-starter, with excellent forecast skill, technical proficiency, a strong desire to grow, and excited at the opportunity of contributing to a growing tech startup supporting the rapidly growing drone/UAV/UAS industry, we want you.
What you can expect from TruWeather:
We promise this will be one of the most rewarding and career enhancing weather positions you will ever have…if you make the commitment to excellence. Our leadership is focused on mentoring and developing you as a professional, growing your skill set and meeting your full potential in preparation for the next opportunity within TruWeather, You will be on a team that is committed to excellence, your success, and the overall company mission. TruWeather is on a very exciting path in a rapidly developing industry and your potential is limited only by your desire to excel.
TruWeather Solutions is seeking an experienced Aviation/UAS Meteorologist with at least five years’ experience in the aviation weather field. Someone with a solid conceptual understanding of meteorology and knowledge of UAS flight weather pain points and unique weather challenges is preferred. Excellent communications skills with an ability to communicate weather risk clearly to customers is a must.
- Five years minimum proven experience in aviation weather forecasting working with various stakeholders
- Drone forecast experience preferred
- Deep conceptual understanding of meteorology and ability to translate the science into simple decision-support impact guidance
- Ability to work in an environment that requires solving problems under rapidly changing weather conditions impacting client operations
- Ability to write forecast studies and Standard Operating Procedures preferred
- Basic familiarization in testing new weather products and software interfaces preferred
- Background in mining for weather data, quality control, and customer relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and on several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to keep a schedule and exceed with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply weather knowledge to assist in the development of new technology
- Travel will be required as needed to attend trade shows or to support clients