For more than 30 years, The Weather Channel television network has inspired viewers to explore, investigate and appreciate the experience of weather in all its forms.
We are one of the most widely distributed television networks and the leader in severe weather coverage, providing the most comprehensive real-time
programming of any media outlet, with trusted meteorologists who analyze, forecast and report the weather. Weather is inherently fascinating, and we share our passion through the stories we tell to our audiences through our programming. The more our viewers engage with us, the more our stories illuminate how weather impacts almost everything. We’re always looking for new talent to keep us on top like someone incredible to fill the job listed here.
The Weather Producer has editorial and meteorological responsibility and accountability for all weather content included in one of TWCs programs or
dayparts. They will ensure that each show covers relevant weather events through compelling stories and that those stories are told in the proper order
with visual components that are both accurate and meet (or exceed) TWC standards and style. The weather producer will work closely with on-camera
meteorologists to ensure that their weather storytelling is well-organized, well-prepared, and includes language that connects most effectively with our
target television audience(s). The Weather Producer will also be responsible for creating and updating daily weather graphics to support
- Conceive of and create new weather and science-based stories for the assigned program or day part
- Stay aware of current meteorological pattern and contribute stories to the weather-content editorial process
- Drive the inclusion and prioritization of weather stories in the assigned program or day part, creates graphics, and /or commissions the creation and/or acquisition of supporting visual content.
- Mine all available resources, including social media, for possible weather story ideas & content
- Coordinate with show producers and fellow weather producers to assure continuity in weather storytelling
- Prepare content using multiple graphic platforms including TruVu Max, Google Earth, Vizrt, and Gibson Ridge
- Produce weather blocks that are well-organized, well prepared and targets a television audience
- Maintain proficiency with software changes to TruVu Max and other graphics systems. Ensure that TWC is first-to-air visually and verbally with all breaking weather information
- Support coverage of significant weather events, including working extra hours and days outside of normally scheduled shifts
- Create weather graphics that are meteorologically correct and tell an engaging weather story.
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, design, or a related field
- 3 years of meteorological experience to include 3 years of television or graphics building experience
- 1 year experience using TruVu Max weather systems